The primary responsibility of a Program Director is to develop, implement and manage a major component of one or more business lines within a business unit in order to promote future business and services. The Program Director is expected to work closely with the customer, know their mission, and be familiar with their overall priorities.
· Sets priorities, focuses attention of self and others on achieving results on subject of most importance to the organization, business unit, and the client.
· Identifies client requirements, prepare program planning documents, develops acquisition strategies and ensure procurement vehicles, and manage their design/construction programs.
· Develops long range workload estimates and inputs to business planning process.
· Develops new business unit service strategies.
· Provides input for entire business unit on subjects such as training strategies, and assessment of technical and core competencies.
· Possesses a proven mastery of management with expert management ability, broad executive experience in multiple technical fields, flexibility and ability to manage a diverse group within and outside the business unit.
· Delivers oral and written presentations.
· Leads production of proposals, SOQ’s and other marketing / promotion materials to build practice.
· Guides, motivates and directs large groups of people, optimizing performance and improving group productivity, resolving personal and organizational conflicts, and leading executive and political level policy makers on program issues.
· Leads negotiations of fee offers, scopes of work, and contracts of work.
· Performs administrative functions, including performance review, interviewing, and hiring / dismissing personnel.
· Approves purchases of Program / Project Managers that are within budgetary constraints and company policy.
· Ensures that the right product is developed to meet or exceed client quality standard and is delivered at the right time.
· Tracks program against schedule, budget and quality standard and reports status to Officers.
· Updates and maintains body of knowledge related to training, degree or job responsibilities.
· Adheres to company policies and procedures.
Other duties may be assigned as company needs dictate. Management reserves the right to modify this job description at any time and at their discretion.
This position may supervise Program / Project Managers, which requires monitoring performance and conducting annual performance reviews.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor’s degree (BS) from a four-year college or university and ten years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of post secondary education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to highly sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to
make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or board of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Understand accrual accounting as it pertains to billing and revenue.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certain openings may require a professional engineer’s license and/or industry recognized certificates/ registrations, depending on the client / project / program requirements.
Proficiency in MS Office, Internet Explorer and software programs applicable to job type are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires the individual to use the computer working at a desk in either an office or cubicle; must be able to talk and hear, reach with hands and arms, lift up to 10 pounds, stand, sit and walk; must have close and color vision, use depth and peripheral vision, be able to adjust focus; must be able to handle normal stress levels of a growth oriented firm.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The typical noise level is moderate, business office with computers, printers and light traffic. Occasional field work at construction and client sites may require employee to be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, electrical and mechanical parts and industrial type facility environments. It is expected that employees will wear hard hats, steel toed boots and other appropriate safety equipment as needed.
All employees are expected to conduct business in accordance with the letter and spirit of relevant laws and refrain from dishonest or unethical conduct. Employees shall, during both working and nonworking hours, act in a manner which will inspire public trust in their integrity, impartiality and devotion to the best interests of the company, its customers and citizens.
Attendance at meetings and other off-site events requires the ability to provide reliable transportation. Position requires travel to domestic and/or foreign locations. Must maintain a current, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. Employee must be able to travel freely on a passport or other official document.
Addendum- Title: Pipeline Integrity Program Director/Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
· Expand program services and offerings
· Mentor production staff of engineers and specialists
· Grow net revenue and develop sales
· 50% of time will be spent in Business Development and Strategic Planning and 50% of time will be spent mentoring staff and growing capabilities
· Give presentations at industry events and conferences, publish articles, etc. to drive program growth
Technical Knowledge and Skills
· Knowledge and understanding of pipeline integrity principals, integrity tools, federal and local pipeline integrity standards, and compliance requirements.
o The ability to speak intelligently about this industry, be able to understand client needs, synthesize those needs with Pond’s capabilities and convey how Pond can serve those client needs
o Must be knowledgeable and understand current and upcoming pipeline compliance codes/standards, as well as PHMSA Mega Rule requirements
· Pond at this time is seeking individuals who have a book of clients and relationships on the onshore side of O&G. While we are open to applicants with offshore client relationships, at this time Pond’s primary focus is onshore.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university plus a minimum of 5 years relevant experience OR a minimum 10 years’ experience in the Pipeline Integrity field. Knowledge of Oil & Gas Industry and clients, strong networking skills, and a base of established clientele is preferred.
· Travel up to 50% overnight with co-workers as required. Attendance at meetings and other off-site events requires the ability to provide reliable transportation. Position requires frequent travel to domestic locations and possibly occasional foreign locations. Must maintain a current, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. Employee must be able to travel freely on a passport or other official document.