We are currently in need of an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our world renowned Aviation Fueling team located in our Peachtree Corners Headquarters. Our Fueling Project Engineers apply the principles of chemistry, physics, and mathematics to solve problems that involve the receipt, storage and distribution of aviation fuels at facilities around the world. They design processes and equipment for large and small-scale facilities including but not limited to pipeline, marine vessel and truck receipt; above and below ground storage; pumping and filtration; hydrant fueling systems and truck loading racks; as well as waste fuel collection and treatment systems. Fueling Project Engineers work together with Staff Engineers and Designers to produce discipline specific project construction documents and/or reports under the general supervision of Senior Engineers, Project Managers and Discipline Directors. Fueling Project Engineers delegate work to junior staff or other members of the design team as appropriate to facilitate workflow, schedule and budget. Fueling Project Engineers coordinate with support disciplines to ensure a cohesive design is presented to all stakeholders
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for lead discipline position on military and commercial aviation fueling projects.
• Perform accurate, legible and well thought out design calculations including, but not limited to:
• Pump sizing
• Pipe sizing
• Tank sizing
• Mass Balance
• Transient Analysis
• Specialty Equipment sizing and tie-in
• Redline drawings for Designers and Staff Engineers
• Develop Design Analysis Reports for Stakeholder review
• Develop Technical Specifications for Construction Document bid packages
• Reviews own work before submitting.
• Communicate with clients as needed and as defined by project.
• Attend project meetings and coordinate with other disciplines for the overall success of projects.
• Develop sheet and specification lists for proposal efforts.
• Assist in preparing fee and schedule proposals.
• Contacts clients and/or contractors as needed on specific jobs.
• Adhere to company QA/QC procedures.
• Improve technical knowledge by attending training, seminars, etc. as approved by supervisor.
• Assist in training other staff
• May be required to work after typical hours as project requirements and company needs dictate.
• Adheres to company policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate should be a self-motivated individual who can work independently on multiple projects and who asks for assistance quickly when they meet a roadblock. They should operate well in team environment as well as solo assignments. They should develop and maintain positive customer and client relationships to foster repeat business.
• Supervise and review the work of Staff Engineers, Designers and Co-Op students on the project team.
• Supervise Staff Engineers, Designers and Co-Op students as assigned.
• Bachelor’s or Masters degree (BS/MS) in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited four-year college or university plus five to ten years related experience and/or training
• Professional Engineer (PE or PEng) license or ability to obtain within 90 days required.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Japanese, Korean (conversational or technical) are a plus.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical specifications, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or regulatory agencies.
• Ability to write technical papers/presentations for publication or delivery that conform to prescribed style and format.
• Ability to effectively present information to management and industry groups.
• Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD required. CAD skills in 3D environment a plus.
• Stress Analysis (COADE Ceasar II) and Flow Modeling (AFT Impulse/Fathom) a plus.
• WBDG SpecsIntact experience a plus
This position requires the individual to use the computer working at a desk or use portable technology in the field; must be able to talk and hear, reach with hands and arms, lift up to 10 pounds, stand, sit and walk, and climb stairs and ladders.
The work environment consists of a business office with computers, printers and light traffic. Occasional field work at construction and client sites may require employee to be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, electrical and mechanical parts, plant/manufacturing facility environments and aircraft movement areas. Employees are required to wear hard hats, safety glasses, steel toed boots and other appropriate safety equipment when performing work outside of the office environment.
CODE OF ETHICS
All employees are expected to conduct business in accordance with the letter and spirit of relevant laws and refrain from dishonest or unethical conduct. Employees shall, during both working and nonworking hours, act in a manner which will inspire public trust in their integrity, impartiality and devotion to the best interests of the company, its customers and citizens.
Occasional attendance at meetings and other off-site events requires the ability to provide reliable transportation. Position may require occasional travel to domestic or foreign locations. Must maintain a current, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. Employee must be able to travel freely on a passport or other official document.