Director of Architecture – South Carolina (position could be based in North Carolina or South Carolina )
Pond, a full-service architecture/interiors, engineering, planning, and construction firm headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is seeking a Director of Architecture for our SC office located in Columbia.. This dynamic individual should be motivated by performance and supporting Pond’s overall mission, as we expand our program in the Carolinas. The Director of Architecture will be responsible to grow several key markets including Higher Education, State and Local Government, and Industrial work.
In addition, the Director of Architecture will supervise, mentor and expand our architectural staff in Columbia, fostering a collaborative – teaming environment, promoting Pond’s culture, where partnership across disciplines, programs, and offices is key to employee, and client fulfilment, and project success. Financial performance, design, and technical quality will also be key metrics of evaluation.
Reports to: Vice President l Architecture
The primary responsibility of the Director of Architecture is to develop, implement and manage a major component of one or more business lines within a business unit in order to promote future business and services. The Director of Architecture is expected to work closely with clientele, know their mission and be familiar with their overall priorities. In addition, the Director of Architecture will have responsibilities to oversee staff, Program financial performance, and quality of deliverables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sales and Business Growth –
· Work closely with VP of Architecture to build long-term strategic relationships with clientele, generate new leads and identify new business opportunities.
· Outreach and pursuit of new client opportunities in support of Ponds annual flight plan objectives.
· Develops and maintains positive customer and client relationships to foster repeat business.
· Communicate and work closely with other program leaders on business development strategies, seek out cross-selling opportunities across region.
· Leads production of proposals, SOQ’s and other marketing / promotion materials to build practice.
· May lead negotiations of fee offers, scopes of work, and contracts of work.
· Grow awareness of Pond through participation in local, regional, and national events, including conferences.
Program and Employee Growth and Oversight –
· Determines resource and execution requirements to support clients’ program.
· Monitors resource allocation to maximize efficient and effective management of business unit program.
· Develops new approaches to advance techniques, tools and program management of business unit in order to meet the needs of the client.
· Advocates and encourages “lessons learned” exchange and technology transfer within business unit(s).
· Monitors the performance of project managers’ execution of client program within the business unit(s).
· Offers mentoring and encouragement to individual team members with the goal of encouraging and maintaining team unity, harmony and overall efficiency.
· Delivers oral and written presentations.
· Leads program team and facilitate the communication and interaction between organization and client.
· May perform as project manager on strategic projects or in resolution of technical and/or performance related problems.
· Updates and maintains body of knowledge related to training, degree or job responsibilities.
· Adheres to company policies and procedures.
· Other duties may be assigned as company needs dictate. Management reserves the right to modify this job description at any time and at their discretion.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (BA) from a four-year college or university and ten years or more related experience and/or training
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licensed Architect in South Carolina. Obtains and/or maintains additional certifications and training as it relates to the discipline.
Proficiency in MS Office, (word and excel), Internet Explorer, Knowledgeable in BIM/AutoCAD/Microstation preferred and other software programs applicable to job type required.