About the Position
We are seeking an Environmental Scientist II to join our growing Environmental Services team in Atlanta, GA. The ideal candidate possesses 2-5 years of experience serving as an environmental consultant and/ or environmental regulatory agent, preferably with experience in renewable energy, oil & gas, GDOT, or federal projects. The successful candidate would support/lead environmental field studies (e.g. wetland delineations and functional assessments, threatened and endangered species surveys, NPDES inspections, Phase I/II ESAs. etc.) and document production (e.g. technical reports, permit applications, etc.). The successful candidate would also interface with clients and support proposal development, as requested.
Pond is an award-winning, full-service environmental, architecture, engineering, planning, and construction firm providing professional solutions to clients throughout the U.S. and globally for over 54 years. Pond’s staff of 550+ professionals provides a deep bench of experience and the capabilities to offer customized solutions that help clients manage projects from concept to completion – and everything in between – with confidence and clarity. Pond is ranked as the 78th largest engineering and design firm by ENR, Atlanta’s #2 engineering firm by Atlanta Business Chronicle, and the 2019 Employer of the Year by Georgia ACEC.
About Our Team
Our team of environmental professionals includes biologists, ecologists, regulatory specialists, engineers, planners, GIS analysts, and community engagement specialists. Our environmental team is engaged in projects throughout the southeast, the nation, and the world. Our existing environmental client base includes transportation, oil and gas, renewables, government (local, state, and federal), Department of Defense, private development, and water resources and restoration. The successful candidate would be an integral part of our growing team and would engage across markets and geographies.
Knowledge and Experience:
· Task management
· Jurisdictional wetland/ water delineations
· Protected species habitat assessments and surveys
· Federal/ state/ local permitting & mitigation support
· Managing schedules and environmental special studies
· Coordination with interdisciplinary teams of designers and environmental SMEs for various infrastructure projects
· Ideal candidates would show specific experience with GDOT, Energy, Renewables, of Federal projects
· BS in relevant environmental discipline
· 2 to 5 years of experience
· Must have a working knowledge of wetland science, flora/fauna and ecosystems of Georgia
· Proficient with GIS and mapping
· Physically able to travel and conduct field work on various project sites with challenging field conditions such as steep terrain, thick vegetation, and inclement weather
· Excellent technical writing and communication skills with ability to deliver complete and clean documents
· Willingness to travel as projects require to include occasional overnight travel
· Ability and desire to learn and grow professionally