*** Please Read Entire Job Description before applying ***
Preferred Qualifications • Minimum of 2 years working as a project attorney. Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations.
Pond’s is actively seeking a corporate contracts and risk attorney for immediate employment.
The successful candidate will provide contract assistance with a focus on complex infrastructure, Industrial and government projects. Our ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic, flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters. These attributes coupled with leadership skills and a collaborative mind-set are essential for success and growth.
Responsibilities of this position will include, but not be limited to:
· Participating in and supporting business development activities including cross-functional reviews of RFQ/RFP requirements for professional services (engineering, architecture, construction and other technical services), contract reviews, collaboration with senior managers to obtain approval of non-standard contract terms, identiﬁcation of risk and opportunities, and development of risk mitigation plans.
· Assistance negotiating contractual issues (master service agreements, joint venture agreements, subcontracts, purchase orders etc.) including terms and conditions for bonds, delays and damages, penalties, insurance, contractual obligations, and interrelations with third parties.
· Communicating with clients, governmental authorities and other stakeholders.
· Providing ongoing support in a team environment so as to evaluate and resolve complex business issues and to assist in setting appropriate strategies relating to contract negotiation and claims resolution.
· Ensuring implementation of and team adherence to sound contract management and risk assessment policies.
· Multi-tasking on a large number of various contract issues, claims and/or litigation, and general advice requests.
· Assisting project teams, including notices of non-compliance, delay or other contractual issues.
· Conducting training across different functional areas on terms and conditions, corporate policies and risk mitigation.
· Working collaboratively with a diverse group of professionals, including the company's executives, external attorneys, risk and insurance managers, engineers, scientists and contracts staff, as well as the ability to work with attorneys of clients and subcontractors.
· Practical team player with the ability to professionally collaborate in a results-oriented environment.
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, drafting, negotiation and written/verbal communication skills. Detail-oriented and organized, exercising extreme attention to details and accuracy.
· Strong contract negotiation and drafting skills with substantive expertise with key provisions of most contracts.