Pond is currently accepting applications for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Energy Division design team located in our Atlanta headquarters. The successful candidate will have experience in the design of midstream and petroleum storage facilities as well as military and commercial fueling infrastructure. The candidate will be expected to train, mentor, and develop junior staff and provide expertise to clients and in-house multidiscipline staff. The position will involve scope evaluation, project planning, technical review, construction administration, quality control, and support of Pond’s construction management group in design-build efforts. Experience and ability to support additional markets is a plus for this position.
The ideal candidate will possess most or all the following experience/qualifications:
· 10+ years of relevant structural design experience related to industries listed above
· Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an ABET-accredited university. Master’s degree with an emphasis in structural engineering is preferred.
· Professional Engineering (PE) license in the State of Georgia, or the ability to obtain a Georgia PE license within six months. (additional licenses are a plus)
· Experience using analytical software to design isolated structures and full buildings. Preferred experience in RISA 3D, RAM, and/or ETABS.
· Experience in drawing production using Revit and/or AutoCAD.
· Knowledge of applicable codes and standards. Including but not limited to:
· IBC, ASCE, ACI, AISC (specific experience with non-building structures preferred)
· ACI 350 specifically
· API 620,650, and 653 (AWWA D100 also considered)
· OSHA 1910
· DOD/Federal design standards, UFCs (preferred)
· Specific experience in the design of deep foundations and/or specification of soil improvements (particularly in coastal environments
· Specific experience in the design of:
· Underground structures (i.e. valve vaults)
· Hydraulic containment structures
· Tank foundations (ring-beam foundations specifically)
· Pipe rack (latticed steel) structures
· Foundations for vibratory equipment (i.e. large diesel generators, pumps, etc.)
· OSHA compliant industrial working platforms, stairs, and ladders
· Experience with marine structures is a plus