Pond Transportation is seeking a self-motivated individual for Director of Transportation for our Peachtree Corners office. This is a senior leadership position within our firm that will manage both Operations and Business Development for Transportation in Georgia. The appropriately qualified candidate will be able to demonstrate previous success in the pursuit and delivery of transportation projects for Georgia Department of Transportation as well as municipal clients in Georgia. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of our growing Transportation practice and to have a direct impact on our growth goals in the transportation industry.
Coordinate overall strategic direction of the group
· Align resources in the Georgia market and services to meet existing and future growth, goals and objectives
· Establish strategic market position/service offerings for the group to align with client needs and Pond’s strategic focus
· Actively lead pursuits in concert with other Pond Leadership and our Marketing team
· Have Go/No-Go authority on pursuits for Operations in conjunction with our Marketing team
· Assess strategic hires for better positioning in pursuit phase
· Actively engage GDOT and municipal clients to assess, develop, and align service offering to be a leader for Transportation services in the Georgia market.
· Responsible for day to day operations and overall resource management and financial metrics
· Responsible to work with Project Managers and Design Team for day to day decisions on resource allocation, staffing, and project budgets
· Responsible for assessment of resources and effectiveness to meet current and future needs
· Review and approve of new hires
· Function as Design Manager, Project Manager or Project Director as needed to win opportunities, achieve technical results and desired client outcomes
· Oversee and actively manage Quality Assurance Program